PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- As a Th!nkShops user you need to provide a valid email address at registration and choose a username or alias that may represent your identity on Th!nkShops.
- Depending on which of the Services you choose to use, we may require additional information, such as business address, business type, business identification number, bank account information, billing address, telephone number, and/or a physical mailing address.
- We may contact users to request more information about their identities, businesses or items listed on Th!nkShops on a confidential basis, to ensure compliance with our rules and policies.
- You may optionally choose to provide your full name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) to other users on Th!nkShops in connection to your account and activity.
- Your username or alias is publicly displayed and connected to your Th!nkShops activity. Other people may see your date joined, feedback, ratings, profile information, listed items, liked items, followers and comments on Th!nkShops.
- We automatically receive and record some information from your browser when you use Th!nkShops, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on Th!nkShops through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- This information helps us analyse and understand how Th!nkShops works for users and visitors, and provide a more personalised experience for users and visitors.
- Some users or visitors may connect to or register a Th!nkShops account using an external third-party application, such as Facebook.
- We may receive or collect information (e.g. email address) about a person who is not yet a registered Th!nkShops user (“non-user”) in connection with certain Th!nkShops features, including but not limited to: a non-user subscribing to a Th!nkShops newsletter, a user inviting a non-user to visit the Website or to download the App onto their mobile device, or a non-user engaging in a transaction.
- If you are collecting any personal information from your customers, such as their name, ID number and address, it is your sole responsibility to get the affirmative express consent from your customers for you to use this information.
- Th!nkShops’s Terms and Conditions require all account owners to be at least 18 years of age (or have the permission and supervision of a responsible parent or legal guardian), therefore, this policy does not discuss use of Th!nkShops or the Services by minors.
SPECIAL NOTE TO CHILDREN
Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use SHOPLINE unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 18 to provide their personal information for any purpose. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use SHOPLINE in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardian.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on Th!nkShops to:
(i) verify your identity (e.g., to protect you against theft or fraud);
(ii) resolve disputes;
(iii) troubleshoot problems;
(iv) help promote safe trading;
(v) collect fees owed;
(vi) measure consumer interest in our products and services;
(vii) inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates;
(viii) customise your experience;
(ix) assist with direct marketing, advertising, or other communications;
(x) detect and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity and monitor regulatory risk;
(xi) investigate potential illegal activities and threats to personal safety and property and breaches of contracts (such as the Terms);
(xii) enforce the Terms and Conditions;
(xiii) comply with legal requirements; and
(xiv) as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or in other cases where we have obtained express consent.
- At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular, we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases.
- We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy, and follow up with you for further documentation or clarifications.
- You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse usage of Th!nkShops, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the Th!nkShops’s content, layout, and services.
- These uses improve Th!nkShops and better tailor it to meet your needs, in order to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using Th!nkShops.
- Certain services made available via Th!nkShops may be delivered by third parties. By using any product, service or functionality originating from the Website, the App, the Linked Websites or Th!nkShops, you acknowledge and consent that we may share such information and data with any third party with whom we have a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service or functionality for Th!nkShops’s users and customers.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
11B, 128 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong